PMU Eyeliner Pre-Care Advice
Pre-care instructions MUST BE STRICTLY FOLLOWED to limit bleeding and skin sensitivities during the service. Excessing bleeding and sensitivity during the procedure will dilute and expel the pigment color and lead to poor results.
- The skin must be free of all irritations including blemishes, eczema, and psoriasis.
- Must be off Accutane medication for six months prior to getting a PMU.
- Stop taking Fish Oil, Vitamin C, Glucosamine, Evening Primrose Oil, Ginger, one week prior to your appointment as they thin the blood and prevent the pigment from implanting correctly, meaning your tattoo may heal patchy.
- Discontinue the use of any anti-aging, skin brightening or anti-acne skincare products. Particularly those that contain Alpha Hydroxy (AHA), Vitamin A, Retinol. Ideally, do not use these products for 30 days prior to your appointment, and yes, even if you do not use it near the area to be treated it does spread under your skin and your PMU will heal patchy. Once your PMU has healed under the skin surface (approximately 6 weeks following your final session) you may resume your usual skin care routine.
- Do not schedule any facials, microdermabrasion, microneedling, peels or laser treatments for at least 4 weeks prior to your appointment.
- Do not have cosmetic injections on the forehead for at least a month prior to your appointment.
- Please avoid any type of blood thinning medication for a minimum of 72 hours prior to your procedure unless is unsafe to do so for your health. Please ask your doctor before stopping these types of medications. Such as: Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Advil, Niacin, Voltaren or Indocid. As well as prenatal vitamins, Vitamin E or nutritional shakes.
- Do not work out on the day of the procedure.
- Avoid sun tanning or tanning beds for 2 weeks prior to procedure. If you show up to your appointment with a sunburn you will need to reschedule and will forfeit your deposit. As your skin exfoliates from a sunburn it will take the pigment. Tanned skin is damaged skin, and your color will not heal properly.
- Do not tweeze, thread, wax, tint, or perform electrolysis two weeks prior to the procedure.
- Scars from surgery or injury must be healed for at least one year prior to service.
- Do not drink alcohol 24 hours prior to your procedure
- Do not consume coffee or other caffeine products 24 hours prior.
- Must be without lashes extensions.
- Please note that you will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.